Yesterday’s adventure was probably a little “run before you can walk”, so today I went back to basics with the help of a really nice tutorial from GamingMonsters.

It did the trick – within half-an-hour I had the basics up and running as per the tutorial (no copy/pasting! I want to learn this!). I then spent another hour messing around with values, figuring out concurrent notes, and even got a basic percussion noise working.

Takeaways: this stuff if pretty badly documented (unless you know of any good docs, particularly on the percussion stuff).

No ROM today because I started mangling my code into some kind of weird interactive instrument and decided to call it a day before it was remotely functional. Maybe next time.

Time spent: 1hr 45

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *